Why refer your patients to the Christie Clinic
The top three reasons for making a private referral to us
- By making a private referral to us you will not only save the NHS hundreds and often thousands of pounds, but you will also be generating vital revenues for The Christie NHS Foundation Trust. Through our joint partnership we have a revenue-sharing agreement with our NHS partner, and this revenue is reinvested into improving and growing local NHS services, in addition to enhancing our own clinical capabilities at The Christie Clinic.
- Many of your patients will have invested a lot of their money into private healthcare schemes but may be unaware of how they can use these or the choices available to them. The Christie Clinic provides a wide range of treatments, from general surgery to complex cancer care. We’ll assist your patients in accessing and making the most of their policies.
- Your patient will have access to direct treatments and surgery without waiting lists and will receive continuity of care through consultant-led treatment. All of our consultants are highly specialised and hold substantive NHS posts.
We are committed to a patient-focused approach to care: we promote patient choice and ensure that all of our patients are able to make informed decisions about their care. As part of this approach we are able to offer the following:
- The full patient journey – all on one site. This provides patients with familiarity and continuity of care. We have highly experienced multi-disciplinary teams working together to provide tailored treatment for each of our patients.
- Consultant-led care. We work with internationally renowned consultants who lead our patient treatment programmes. You can either refer into a service or choose the consultant you think will suit your patient’s needs. You can do this by using our ‘Find a specialist’ tool.
- Flexible appointment times. Patients can come in at a time that suits them. This makes it less stressful for patients to come and see us and easier for them to bring a friend or relative along for support.
- Access to critical and intensive-care facilities 24 hours a day. Through our partnership with our NHS trust partner we have a number of service level agreements; this means that we can provide all levels of care in a safe environment for our patients.
- A wide support network of medical professionals, including counsellors and psychotherapists. All of our patients are offered six free one-hour sessions to help them cope with their diagnosis and/or treatment. This service is also extended to our patients’ relatives.
- We concentrate on getting the small things right so that our patients can focus on getting better. There is dedicated parking on site to make coming into hospital as easy as possible for our patients. All of our facilities are of the highest quality, all inpatients’ rooms are private and en-suite and we have a excellent catering team, providing first-class hotel services.
- Keeping you informed. We understand that you have a commitment to your patient, and we’ll make sure that you are fully updated on their treatment when they are discharged from our care.